♪♫ A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay
What a week its been! I lost power for a few days after the hurricane hit. It was rough... especially because a few of the movies I downloaded weren't working! I only had three movies to watch, which obviously I went through pretty quick. I spent the rest of the time laying in bed and listening to a portable radio for updates. I also went $30 over my phone data, because I wanted to contact people and find more information about the hurricane. On a happy note though, my service provider is waiving all the additional data fees for hurricane victims, so I don't have to worry about it! I also consider myself lucky because my house didn't get damaged at all (a few of my neighbors had trees hit their homes and/or cars). Oh and I was supposed to work on Saturday (right at the worst of the hurricane), but the buses stopped running and the bridge closed... meaning I had no way there. My co-workers were understanding though and luckily someone was able to take my shift.
Despite the lack of power, I went ahead with my evening plans on Sunday (the hurricane was over at this point); going to dinner and a movie with two of my college friends! Luckily the power at the restaurant and movie theater came back quickly. This is likely because a fire station is on the same power grid. Anyways, we went to a restaurant called Boston Pizza. I had a peach margarita, a veggie pizza, and a mini brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was delicious! We also spent a while talking and catching up with each other before we went to the theater. At the theater, we went to see IT: Chapter Two! Ironically, we went to see the first IT movie together exactly two years prior! Anyways, Chapter Two was amazing! I actually liked it more than the original and the first IT movie. Also, I didn't get any treats at the movie, but I did buy an awesome collectible cup with a little Pennywise on top!

Going to work on the Monday after the hurricane was a bit brutal. I was unable to have a shower due to the power being out and my workplace had no power either! That made things even more difficult because we had to write all our notes by hand and we had to listen closely to the front door because the doorbell wasn't working. It was a rough shift, but the overnight workers had an even worse time because they sat in darkness all night! At least I had the daylight to get me through. A couple hours after I got home that night, my power came back! I was beyond happy. I spent my evening cleaning and then I made myself a nice hot meal for dinner.
I worked most of the week. Luckily I was able to pick up a few extra shifts, which really helped, because I was low on hours. Aside from working my butt off, I got Supernatural Season 14 on DVD in the mail, I made a giant pot of spicy vegetarian chili, and I also did some online shopping! For shopping, I pre-ordered IT: Chapter Two on DVD and Three From Hell on DVD. I also got started on my Christmas shopping! Its not even half of what I need to buy, but its a good start! I figured I may as well get started on it, because I have limited time with working so much. The stuff I got so far is for my best friend Kara and her kids.



For Bentley: Magic Treehouse books 5 - 8 and a robotic hand kit (he gets two gifts because his birthday is close to Christmas).
For Ava: Frozen Lego set.
For both kids: I Spy: Spooky Night and I Spy: Christmas.
For Kara: Ghosts of Mayflower by Tamera Lawrence.
This weekend, I went to visit my boyfriend for a few days. Yesterday was our two year anniversary, so we spent the weekend celebrating. I took him out for dinner (he paid for last year - so it was my turn). We agreed no gifts months ago, but he forgot... so he gave me a telescope! I was shocked!!! He knows how much I love space, so he figured a telescope would be something I'd like... he was so right! I haven't gotten to use it yet (because it was cloudy all weekend), but the booklet says I can see the moon in detail, half the planets, and stars of course! I can even take pictures with it! I'm definitely doing that! My boyfriend also gave me a copy of his apartment keys. I was blown away! Aside from that, we played video games, watched movies, and played Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. It was a lovely weekend. ♥

The only other piece of news I have is that I've decided what I'm getting myself for my birthday/Christmas! Well.. I usually only get cash as gifts, so technically I'm not paying for it. Anyways; its the Switch Lite in turquoise! I also want to get the games Stardew Valley and Deadly Premonition 2. I've spent a lot of time playing with my boyfriend's Switch and I've definitely become addicted to it. I can't wait to have one of my own!

That is all for now! I'm going to get ready for work/running errands. I hope everyone is well! I will try to visit everyone's blog this evening and leave some comments!
What a week its been! I lost power for a few days after the hurricane hit. It was rough... especially because a few of the movies I downloaded weren't working! I only had three movies to watch, which obviously I went through pretty quick. I spent the rest of the time laying in bed and listening to a portable radio for updates. I also went $30 over my phone data, because I wanted to contact people and find more information about the hurricane. On a happy note though, my service provider is waiving all the additional data fees for hurricane victims, so I don't have to worry about it! I also consider myself lucky because my house didn't get damaged at all (a few of my neighbors had trees hit their homes and/or cars). Oh and I was supposed to work on Saturday (right at the worst of the hurricane), but the buses stopped running and the bridge closed... meaning I had no way there. My co-workers were understanding though and luckily someone was able to take my shift.
Despite the lack of power, I went ahead with my evening plans on Sunday (the hurricane was over at this point); going to dinner and a movie with two of my college friends! Luckily the power at the restaurant and movie theater came back quickly. This is likely because a fire station is on the same power grid. Anyways, we went to a restaurant called Boston Pizza. I had a peach margarita, a veggie pizza, and a mini brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was delicious! We also spent a while talking and catching up with each other before we went to the theater. At the theater, we went to see IT: Chapter Two! Ironically, we went to see the first IT movie together exactly two years prior! Anyways, Chapter Two was amazing! I actually liked it more than the original and the first IT movie. Also, I didn't get any treats at the movie, but I did buy an awesome collectible cup with a little Pennywise on top!

Going to work on the Monday after the hurricane was a bit brutal. I was unable to have a shower due to the power being out and my workplace had no power either! That made things even more difficult because we had to write all our notes by hand and we had to listen closely to the front door because the doorbell wasn't working. It was a rough shift, but the overnight workers had an even worse time because they sat in darkness all night! At least I had the daylight to get me through. A couple hours after I got home that night, my power came back! I was beyond happy. I spent my evening cleaning and then I made myself a nice hot meal for dinner.
I worked most of the week. Luckily I was able to pick up a few extra shifts, which really helped, because I was low on hours. Aside from working my butt off, I got Supernatural Season 14 on DVD in the mail, I made a giant pot of spicy vegetarian chili, and I also did some online shopping! For shopping, I pre-ordered IT: Chapter Two on DVD and Three From Hell on DVD. I also got started on my Christmas shopping! Its not even half of what I need to buy, but its a good start! I figured I may as well get started on it, because I have limited time with working so much. The stuff I got so far is for my best friend Kara and her kids.



For Bentley: Magic Treehouse books 5 - 8 and a robotic hand kit (he gets two gifts because his birthday is close to Christmas).
For Ava: Frozen Lego set.
For both kids: I Spy: Spooky Night and I Spy: Christmas.
For Kara: Ghosts of Mayflower by Tamera Lawrence.
This weekend, I went to visit my boyfriend for a few days. Yesterday was our two year anniversary, so we spent the weekend celebrating. I took him out for dinner (he paid for last year - so it was my turn). We agreed no gifts months ago, but he forgot... so he gave me a telescope! I was shocked!!! He knows how much I love space, so he figured a telescope would be something I'd like... he was so right! I haven't gotten to use it yet (because it was cloudy all weekend), but the booklet says I can see the moon in detail, half the planets, and stars of course! I can even take pictures with it! I'm definitely doing that! My boyfriend also gave me a copy of his apartment keys. I was blown away! Aside from that, we played video games, watched movies, and played Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. It was a lovely weekend. ♥

The only other piece of news I have is that I've decided what I'm getting myself for my birthday/Christmas! Well.. I usually only get cash as gifts, so technically I'm not paying for it. Anyways; its the Switch Lite in turquoise! I also want to get the games Stardew Valley and Deadly Premonition 2. I've spent a lot of time playing with my boyfriend's Switch and I've definitely become addicted to it. I can't wait to have one of my own!

That is all for now! I'm going to get ready for work/running errands. I hope everyone is well! I will try to visit everyone's blog this evening and leave some comments!
I love that you got a telescope! Some day I’m gonna have one too, we had one when I was young and looked Hale Bop through it in the 90’s, great times. Love space too, even though everything about it is overwhelming and makes my brain hurt, haha.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you are okay, I know that anytime that I went over on data on my phone plan when there was a disaster the phone company was always really good about waiving those fees for people who went through those natural disasters. I feel bad for your neighbors but hopefully insurance can be good to them. I would hope your coworkers would be good about that, I know last major hurricane that actually impacted my area my manager couldn't get out of his home back his car was underwater so I had to act as manager while I had no uniforms because they were in my flood home, it was a real mess lol.
ReplyDeleteThat is good that your plans didn't have to be canceled, and you were able to have fun with your friends, and I love that straw. That's good that you were able to pick up extra shifts, and omg chili and spicy. I want to make some, but I don't make it spicy because I share it with my dad and he can't eat spicy things lol.
Is the Switch Lite like a DS lite?
Love is Zero
Oh my god! Hurricanes scare me, in fact anything natural like tornadoes etc; scare me to death and we had a few touch down in recent years. You have a switch as well? WE NEED to exchange friend codes! Hit me up!
ReplyDelete