♪♫ Carmen - Lana Del Rey
I can't believe its been months since my last post! Oops! Well, my last semester was super busy. I did full time classes and worked part time, so I had no real free time. As soon as the semester ended, I went on my first big trip... to New York City! I went by myself and spent ten days having the best time of my life. I tried to jam as much as I could into the trip, and here are the highlights...
» Went to Times Square.
» Took a boat ride around Manhattan.
» Saw the Statue of Liberty.
» Went to the Musuem of Modern Art, where I saw The Starry Night by Vincent VanGogh, and other famous paintings by Salivador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol, and more.
» Saw famous buildings from TV shows; the restaurant from Seinfeld (where I had lunch), Carrie Bradshaw's apartment from Sex and the City, and the apartment building from Friends.
» Saw the famous Stonewall Inn, where pride began.
» Went to the top of the Empire State building to see the view at night.
» Went to the American Museum of Natural History, where I saw real dinosaur bones!
» Explored East Village/Alphabet City, the neighborhood that the musical Rent is based on.
» Went to see Wicked on Broadway, which was great!
» Went to the Katz' Deli, an authentic Jewish deli where I got an amazing sandwich and a black and white cookie.
» Went to Washington Square Park.
» Went to Central Park, and saw the fountain that the Friends' fountain is based on.
» Went to Bryant Park, which is a lovely place to sit and watch whats happening around you.
» Went to the Coney Island boardwalk, where I listened to Lana Del Rey while eating soft ice cream.
» Rode the subway everyday!
» Went to the New York Public Library, which has stunning architecture and a display room of old books and other historical items.
» Finally got Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream (aka Stephen Colbert's ice cream). It was so good!
» I had a ticket for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, but sadly the writer's strike happened and it was cancelled.
» Went to a very fancy restaurant to try truffle pasta for the first time. It was good, but defintely overhyped.
» Saw Rockefeller Centre.
» Saw Radio City Music Hall.
» Visited Brooklyn briefly. I will definitely spend more time there whenever I visit again.
» Saw a Louis Vuitton store for the first time! This is exciting because I always wanted one of their bags, but I'm poor, so I just looked through the window at the bags, haha.
» Had authentic New York pizza and bagels!
» Went to Grand Central Station many times.
» Did lots of aimless wandering around Manhattan.
» Did lots of shopping!
Speaking of shopping, here is what I brought back...
Nine bookmarks (from the gift shops at MoMA & the public library), a mini mug and regular mug, a book of mushroom art (from the public library), a ton of ticket stubs/reciepts (to keep for the memories), the metrocard I used during my trip, the playbill from Wicked, a few postcards, a zip up hoodie (which is the most expensive thing I bought at $48), a Victoria's Secret Pajama set (found at a thrift store in perfect condition for $12!), and a Sex Pistols shirt (bought a punk store in East Village).
I also bought a bunch of souveniers for my friends and family. Overall, I stayed within budget, which I am very proud of myself for! I definitely wanted to buy way more stuff! Anyways, it was an overall great experience and I will definitely go back someday. However, there was an issue at the airport when I was returning home. The flight was delayed/cancelled multiple times. I ended up having to stay in a hotel in New Jersey (near the airport) for the night, and didn't get home until 24 hours after I was supposed to. Air Canada gave me a $600 voucher for my next trip, which I think I'm going to use to go somwehere tropical next spring. Maybe Cuba or Hawaii? Not sure yet. All I know is that I definitely have the traveling bug now that I have experienced my first trip (& did it by myself too!).
After my amazing trip, I got amazing news; I have been accepted into the social work program at my local university! Although its local, I signed up for the online program, because I want to save gas money (plus I prefer online). I'll also be doing it part time, which will take three years, and it starts in September! I am so excited! Speaking of university, I am almost done my current degree. I am over halfway done my practicum (two weeks left to go), and then I have the rest of the summer off! I plan on doing lots of local traveling, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
I will also be thrifting a lot more in the summer. So far in 2023, I haven't found a lot. It hasn't been as lucky as 2022 was. Here is what I got so far...
From left to right; a multicolored monogram Louis Vuitton (its definitely not real but I always wanted one as a teen in the 2000s & it was only $12 so I had to get it), a vintage mushroom lunchbag, a vintage tericloth apron, a crocheted cushion cover, a tea towel calendar from 1987, a vintage '60s floral tote bag, a small vintage pillow case, a vintage mushroom tile coaster, two vintage Easter candles, a groovy candle, a vintage floral coin purse, and a vintage fairytale book.
That is basically all for now. Since I will soon have a lot of free time, I am hoping to keep up better with writing blogs. Hope everyone is doing well!
I can't believe its been months since my last post! Oops! Well, my last semester was super busy. I did full time classes and worked part time, so I had no real free time. As soon as the semester ended, I went on my first big trip... to New York City! I went by myself and spent ten days having the best time of my life. I tried to jam as much as I could into the trip, and here are the highlights...
» Went to Times Square.
» Took a boat ride around Manhattan.
» Saw the Statue of Liberty.
» Went to the Musuem of Modern Art, where I saw The Starry Night by Vincent VanGogh, and other famous paintings by Salivador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol, and more.
» Saw famous buildings from TV shows; the restaurant from Seinfeld (where I had lunch), Carrie Bradshaw's apartment from Sex and the City, and the apartment building from Friends.
» Saw the famous Stonewall Inn, where pride began.
» Went to the top of the Empire State building to see the view at night.
» Went to the American Museum of Natural History, where I saw real dinosaur bones!
» Explored East Village/Alphabet City, the neighborhood that the musical Rent is based on.
» Went to see Wicked on Broadway, which was great!
» Went to the Katz' Deli, an authentic Jewish deli where I got an amazing sandwich and a black and white cookie.
» Went to Washington Square Park.
» Went to Central Park, and saw the fountain that the Friends' fountain is based on.
» Went to Bryant Park, which is a lovely place to sit and watch whats happening around you.
» Went to the Coney Island boardwalk, where I listened to Lana Del Rey while eating soft ice cream.
» Rode the subway everyday!
» Went to the New York Public Library, which has stunning architecture and a display room of old books and other historical items.
» Finally got Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream (aka Stephen Colbert's ice cream). It was so good!
» I had a ticket for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, but sadly the writer's strike happened and it was cancelled.
» Went to a very fancy restaurant to try truffle pasta for the first time. It was good, but defintely overhyped.
» Saw Rockefeller Centre.
» Saw Radio City Music Hall.
» Visited Brooklyn briefly. I will definitely spend more time there whenever I visit again.
» Saw a Louis Vuitton store for the first time! This is exciting because I always wanted one of their bags, but I'm poor, so I just looked through the window at the bags, haha.
» Had authentic New York pizza and bagels!
» Went to Grand Central Station many times.
» Did lots of aimless wandering around Manhattan.
» Did lots of shopping!
Speaking of shopping, here is what I brought back...
Nine bookmarks (from the gift shops at MoMA & the public library), a mini mug and regular mug, a book of mushroom art (from the public library), a ton of ticket stubs/reciepts (to keep for the memories), the metrocard I used during my trip, the playbill from Wicked, a few postcards, a zip up hoodie (which is the most expensive thing I bought at $48), a Victoria's Secret Pajama set (found at a thrift store in perfect condition for $12!), and a Sex Pistols shirt (bought a punk store in East Village).
I also bought a bunch of souveniers for my friends and family. Overall, I stayed within budget, which I am very proud of myself for! I definitely wanted to buy way more stuff! Anyways, it was an overall great experience and I will definitely go back someday. However, there was an issue at the airport when I was returning home. The flight was delayed/cancelled multiple times. I ended up having to stay in a hotel in New Jersey (near the airport) for the night, and didn't get home until 24 hours after I was supposed to. Air Canada gave me a $600 voucher for my next trip, which I think I'm going to use to go somwehere tropical next spring. Maybe Cuba or Hawaii? Not sure yet. All I know is that I definitely have the traveling bug now that I have experienced my first trip (& did it by myself too!).
After my amazing trip, I got amazing news; I have been accepted into the social work program at my local university! Although its local, I signed up for the online program, because I want to save gas money (plus I prefer online). I'll also be doing it part time, which will take three years, and it starts in September! I am so excited! Speaking of university, I am almost done my current degree. I am over halfway done my practicum (two weeks left to go), and then I have the rest of the summer off! I plan on doing lots of local traveling, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
I will also be thrifting a lot more in the summer. So far in 2023, I haven't found a lot. It hasn't been as lucky as 2022 was. Here is what I got so far...
From left to right; a multicolored monogram Louis Vuitton (its definitely not real but I always wanted one as a teen in the 2000s & it was only $12 so I had to get it), a vintage mushroom lunchbag, a vintage tericloth apron, a crocheted cushion cover, a tea towel calendar from 1987, a vintage '60s floral tote bag, a small vintage pillow case, a vintage mushroom tile coaster, two vintage Easter candles, a groovy candle, a vintage floral coin purse, and a vintage fairytale book.
That is basically all for now. Since I will soon have a lot of free time, I am hoping to keep up better with writing blogs. Hope everyone is doing well!



That's nice you had fun on your New York trip. Been wanting to say hi and check up on you for a long time. Glad to see you're doing well though.
ReplyDeleteDee, I am SO glad you posted again! I was checking all the time. So glad you're well and so glad you had such a great time. I've been to New York City a few times and something about it is just so magical, every single time. I literally love it so much. I can't wait to go back again eventually.
ReplyDelete